Key Focus Careers
An Asset Services firm business which provides custody, fund services and trading solutions for external asset managers, is seeking a Business Development Specialist to join their team. The successful candidate will be well established in the asset services ecosystem.
The firm manage every aspect of the asset servicing value chain and their range of bespoke solutions include value-adding analytics, trading strategy support and digital front-end interfaces designed to provide an excellent customer experience.
Duties & responsibilities:
- Build strategic partnerships with clients; this is a key differentiator and a “first impression” that the client often experiences.
- Learn and deploy all appropriate risk-management measures – particularly considering the onboarding of B2B relationships.
- Understand that available wallet to the business, analysing the profitability of the client portfolio by ensuring the business has covered every aspect of our clients operating model.
- Assisting with organising marketing events and broadly navigating the market with a focus on positioning the IAM proposition with local business development teams and UK stakeholders.
- Working in a small team with a dynamic and entrepreneurial mind-set requires a self-starter approach, willing to learn fast, be involved in administrative tasks and go above an beyond to support the overall business growth.
- The right mind-set, with individual accountability, are important pre-requisites in this respect.
The role requires:
- University degree
- Well established industry experience (5+ years) nurturing and developing a UK client base across fund managers, IAMs and private clients.
- Excellent knowledge of asset servicing industry with a key focus on Custody and ancillary services.
- Proven knowledge of the UK market with regional nuances, client dynamics, regulations etc.
- Sound knowledge of financial markets and of the different investment categories.